Sunday, March 22, 2015

The One in Which We Won the Lottery

Yep, we finally hit the big one 11 million dollars... if we'd only gotten that last number. Womp womp. We did win a little bit of money though and we decided to use some for bills, my husbands mission trip, and some for mad money. The way we've lived for the past five or six years has been deliberately budgeted to get us out of debt. We were pretty close until all my medical bills started pilling up but it is what it is and there's no use crying about it. At least we weren't so far in debt before that we were put way back by recent events. Anyway, that style of living means you might like that shirt at the store but it stays on the rack, the extra snacks at the grocery store don't make it into your cart, dinner out comes few and far between meals at home, and entertainment usually consists of Netflix or Xbox. As you can imagine this gets old. It's easier for me because I'm a saver, but my husband is a spender so if we get a little unexpected money it's nice to break away from the usual don't buy it mentality and get a few nice things. I agonized over whether or not to get one cool tool that I've always wanted like a lathe but as lumber prices get higher I don't think I could afford the hardwoods that I would need if I wanted to turn anything. In the end I decided to go with a drill press, router, and random orbital sander. Between Harbor Freight and Home Depot, I was able to get all three and router bits with my allotted share of the winnings. Here are some pics of my haul.



No comments:

Post a Comment