Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Entertainment Center

I've been in a bit of a funk the last couple days. It happens every so often so I'm just waiting till it passes but it means I don't really have a drive to work on anything. So today I thought I'd just showcase a project on which the the first phase is finished. This is my entertainment center. I've had the design in my head since we bought our house and I fell in love with the one they had in the model. It's made as cost effective as I could and still needs a lot of work. The plan is to put two bookcases on either side of the tv and a top all the way across the two. The tv is slightly higher now and I wish it could be even more so but for comfortable viewing it just didn't seem like a good idea.

I can't seem to find a pic of the desk part but it's to the right of the entertainment center. Here's a few more of some of the construction and close ups. I also plan on ripping the painted plywood tops off and adding stained wood instead. In person the tops just don't look right and I think matching the mantel will really look better.










No comments:

Post a Comment