Sunday, November 16, 2014

Christmas Gifts

I've started working on Christmas gifts, actually I started about a month ago, but I can't show any to you, because then the recipients would also see them. So the post with ideas on Christmas gifts will come to you after Christmas, sorry. I can show you what I look like while making them. I really should pull my hair into a ponytail, but I'm hair challenged. I never had to do it because my grandma always did.

And I can show you my nephew's helicopter (because I couldn't wait and don't have gifts for all the nieces and nephew for Christmas). The dark wood I've been experimenting with. It's from a log of eucalyptus that my parents cut down years ago. It's super hard and the belt sander with 60 grit paper barely even touches it. There's a small section between the heart wood and the bark that is perfect and doesn't have any cracks. The heart wood is a deeper red color but is full of cracks. I thought it was kind of cool to add the eucalyptus wood to the toys because my dad cut the tree from our backyard when we were younger and we had to cart those logs all over the backyard. I figured out later that my dad didn't really need the log pile moved every summer so much as he needed us working every summer.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment