Saturday, July 25, 2015

Minecraft Torch

Cousin Camp 2015 is quickly approaching and it's gonna be Minecraft themed. All the kids and myself are really into Minecraft right now and I knew I had to make some kind of torch since it's in the game and basically a flashlight. I just cut some pieces of 1.5" square wood at 7.5". I painted them to look like torches from the game (which was no easy task since I'm making six). I cut a hole down in the top to fit a small flashlight in then trimmed a quarter inch off the top and replaced it with a quarter inch piece of plywood that has a hole just a little smaller than the flashlight. I screwed the plywood on top to hold the flashlight in and you just push on the flashlight to turn it off and on.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It would have looked even better but the painters tape took off the paint so I had to do it freehand

      Delete